With a firm belief in equality of life for all, SADRAG envisions a world of dignity and self respect especially for women and children.
- SADRAG’s vision is to see that people live the life of dignity and self-respect. No woman or child remains vulnerable to exploitation or misuse. Each individual has the capacity to fight for its rights.
- SADRAG’s vision is to see that communities work collectively to realize their dreams for a decent living and good quality of life.
- SADRAG’s vision is to see that India comes forward in the world through an honest service delivery and productive self-reliant communities.
- SADRAG’s vision is to see that individuals and communities are empowered socially, economically and politically.
Capacity building of women and children by meeting their basic education, health and skill development needs. Our programs for improving the quality of life of underprivileged children and community women, are based on lessons drawn from action research on related developmental issues.
- The mission of SADRAG is to inspire individuals and communities to be aware and informed of their rights and work toward them through education and training.
- SADRAG’s mission is to see that people attain the capacity to change the basic condition of their life and improve their quality of life.
- SADRAG’s mission is to work with all stakeholders such as corporate, grassroots organizations, local government institutions and civil society to create an enabling environment for the growth and development of rural and urban communities.
Our Objectives :
- To conduct action research in development issues in the context of changing economic and socio-cultural variables. The issues would broadly pertain to gender, environment, health, education and micro-credit.
- To address the development issues in rural as well as urban areas.
- To study the socio-cultural construct of ‘gender’ as prevalent and practiced in Indian society.
- To conduct research in gender issues with an integrated approach. These would be broadly covered under poverty, work, health, violence, power and decision-making, human rights, media, environment and the girl child.
- To disseminate research findings among the various stakeholders, policy makers, academicians and social activists.
- To implement lessons drawn from action research for improving the quality of life of underprivileged children and community women.
- To work in the area of Child Welfare/Child Development/ Child Protection and Child Rights in rural and urban areas.
SADRAG Areas of Interest and Strengths
- Community development & Program Implementation
- Action Research & Studies
- Facilitation, Training & Counselling
- Mapping, Baseline and Analytical Reports
- Partnerships & Networking
- Process Documentation
- Strategic Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation
- Awareness & IEC Materials and Tools