The Organizational Vision
With a firm belief in equality of life for all, SADRAG envisions a world of dignity and self respect especially for women and children.
Observing the subservient social roles that bind women and hamper their growth, SADRAG envisages a world that has no scope for gender discrimination, where men and women have equal access to opportunities and availability of resources for growth and can participate equally in social and community life. The children should have a free and healthy life that goes with the community and family for mutual growth and development.
The Organizational Mission
Capacity building of women and children by meeting their basic education, health and skill development needs.
Statistics on Quality of Life indicators show that women and children lag significantly behind men. For example, a large number of women are illiterate and plagued by evils like high morbidity and mortality rates, are unskilled and are left to fend for themselves in all circumstance. The children are taken for granted and their say has no significance, whatsoever, in the world of adults. SADRAG emphasizes that meeting the basic conditions of life along with the skill and education needs of women and children can build the capacity that would take tem on the path of empowerment.
- To conduct action research in development issues in the context of changing economic and socio-cultural variables. The issues would broadly pertain to gender, environment, health, education and micro-credit.
- To address the development issues in rural as well as urban areas.
- To study the socio-cultural construct of 'gender' as prevalent and practiced in Indian society.
- To conduct research in gender issues with an integrated approach. These would be broadly covered under poverty, work, health, violence, power and decision-making, human rights, media, environment and the girl child.
- To disseminate research findings among the various stakeholders, policy makers, academicians and social activists.
- To implement lessons drawn from action research for improving the quality of life of underprivileged children and community women.
- To work in the area of Child Welfare/Child Development/ Child Protection and Child Rights in rural and urban areas.
Our Areas of Interest and Strengths
- Community development & Program Implementation
- Action Research & Studies
- Facilitation, Training & Counseling
- Mapping, Baseline and Analytical Reports
- Partnerships & Networking
- Process Documentation
- Strategic Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation
- Awareness generation, IEC Materials and Tools